The GDPR Audit Lock From Sargent & Greenleaf
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force on the 25th of May 2018, replacing the existing data protection framework under the EU Data Protection Directive.
Regulators and legislators may have been thinking about businesses such as Google, PayPal and Facebook when drafting the regulation but the definitions set out in Article 4 of the GDPR make it clear the regulation applies to anyone holding or handling personal data, on any scale, and this most certainly includes paper files.
All Paper files with personal information are required to be protected against unlawful destruction and unauthorised access. Furthermore there is a legal requirement to record who accessed the files, for what purpose and when. This information must be recorded and maintained as part of process.
Recognising the obvious need for an easy to use, flexible solution to the General Data Protection Regulation audit requirement for paper files, Sargent & Greenleaf have introduced the USB Audit Lock 2.0.
The S&G USB 2.0 can be easily and quickly retro fitted onto most existing fire proof filing cabinets or data safes. The software is free of charge and allows an authorised data controller to track who accessed a particular unit, for how long and when.
- 1,000 event-, time- and date-stamped audit trail.
- Fast download to USB flash drive and can be saved as PDF, Excel, Word or Txt file.
- Via keypad for single control, dual control and manager/employee modes (up to 100 users).
- Configurable Manual Secure Functionality (00#).
- Improved Daylight Savings Time Feature (easier to program).
- Non-solenoid construction eliminates threat of vibration and bouncing attacks.
- Penalty lockout feature prevents opening by entering sequential or random codes until a valid code is found.
- Two years from the date of shipment from manufacturer.
- Integrated user interface with three keypad LEDs for lock status indication.
- Audible and visual signals every time bolt extends to locked position.