Privacy Information For Existing Clients
Privacy Information Notice For Existing Clients
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Certified Safes International Ltd™ have implemented this privacy information notice to inform you, our current and former clients, of the types of data we process about you. We also include within this notice the reasons for processing your data, the lawful basis that permits us to process it, how long we keep your data for and your rights regarding your data.
This notice applies to current and former clients.
We are a Data Controller of the personal data that you supply to us under your contract with us.
A) DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
Under GDPR, all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set of core principles. In accordance with these principles, we will ensure that:
- processing is fair, lawful and transparent
- data is collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes
- data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
- data is kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay
- data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose
- data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
B) TYPES OF DATA HELD
We keep several categories of personal data on and from our clients in order to carry out effective and efficient processes. We hold the data within our computer systems and in physical from, for example, in invoices, order confirmations and emails.
Specifically, we hold the following types of data:
- personal details such as name, address, phone numbers, job title, email addresses etc for the main contact and other contacts for the delivery our services.
- The nature of the service or product purchased.
C) LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
The law on data protection allows us to process your data for certain reasons only. In the main, we process your data in order to comply with a legal requirement or in order to effectively manage the service contract we have with you, including ensuring we can deliver our service to you.
The information below categorises the types of data processing we undertake and the lawful basis we rely on.
- Ensuring VAT and tax is paid
- Making decisions about service delivery methods
- Ensuring efficient administration of contractual services
- Effectively monitoring services provided
- Maintaining up to date records about you to ensure, amongst other things, effective correspondence can be achieved
- Dealing with legal claims made against us
D) WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
All employees within Certified Safes International Ltd that handle your personal data are trained in ensuring data is processed in line with GDPR. Data is only shared with other companies and individuals for the following reasons: administration of services, delivery of products and services, contractual obligations, security checks. Your data is not shared with third parties, except to comply with a legal obligation placed upon us. We have a data processing contract in place with such third parties to ensure data is not compromised. We are aware of the requirement to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse. We have implemented processes to guard against such.
E) RETENTION PERIODS
We only keep your data for as long as we need it for, which will be at least for the duration of your service contract plus 7 years from the date that service contract with us terminates, although in some cases we will keep your data for a longer period after your contract has ended. Some data retention periods are set by the law.
F) AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
Automated decision-making means making decision about you using no human involvement e.g. using computerised filtering equipment. No decision will be made about you solely on the basis of automated decision making.
G) DATA RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold on you:
- the right to be informed about the data we hold on you and what we do with it;
- the right of access to the data we hold on you.
- the right for any inaccuracies in the data we hold on you, however they come to light, to be corrected.
- the right to have data deleted in certain circumstances. This is also known as ‘erasure’;
- the right to restrict the processing of the data;
- the right to transfer the data we hold on you to another party.
- the right to object to the inclusion of any information;
- the right to regulate any automated decision-making and profiling of personal data.
Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This means that we will stop processing your data.
I) MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you think your data rights have been breached, you are able to raise a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner. You can contact the Data Protection Commissioner by post at Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23 Co. Laois or by telephone on 1890 252 231 (Locall) or +353 57 8684800
J) DATA PROTECTION COMPLIANCE
Certified Safes International’s Data Protection and Compliance Officer is:
Alan Donohoe Redd, Unit G6, Centre Point Business Park, Oak Drive,
Dublin 12, D12 X5K5
Phone: +353 1 7076011